Saturday, January 9, 2016

FHE: Priorities

The topic: El-ahrairah and I had been wanting to go to IKEA for a while because, well, I've actually never been. A couple weeks ago, I was able to tie IKEA, my ponderize scripture, and Christmas all into one FHE lesson by talking about priorities!

Resources:

IKEA lamp advertisement:

(Just as we shouldn't invest too much in a simple lamp, we shouldn't invest too much in things that aren't truly important in our lives. Especially during the Christmas season, it's easy to focus on material things or get stressed out about details, but that's not where our priorities should lie.)

Matthew 11:28-30:
 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
 What we learn: I learned that striving to have a non-stressful holiday is really important to me; my favorite holidays have been those when we haven't been running around really tense about making our plans work out. I also liked reminding myself, through the scriptures in Matthew 11, that living a Christ-centered life is intended to simplify our lives. When I feel like I have too many things taking up my time, it's good for me to consider which tasks would be considered part of Christ's yoke and which things I shouldn't worry about as much.

Challenge: Don't stuff Christmas with too many to-do's, and attempt to align priorities to avoid materialism and other distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment