Thursday, December 24, 2015

More Salt Lake Adventures

Since El-ahrairah has had more time and energy with the conclusion of the semester, we decided to take a weekend to explore more of Salt Lake! I want to make sure we see whatever cool things the area has to offer before we move away.

Lights at Temple Square -- these paper bags made my linguist heart happy:


They didn't really have the ASL signs for joy, love, etc., the just used fingerspelling, which is okay I guess:


The nativity was amazing!


We were also able to do a live endowment session in the Salt Lake temple! ... To be honest, I didn't think that having it "live" was as cool as I imagined it. But I enjoyed moving from room to room and admiring the paintings and architecture, and afterwards we went to the south visitors' center and looked at the temple cross-section model to find the rooms we had been in! That's something I can cross off my bucket list now.

Afterward, we went to my friend's wedding reception (which wasn't as awkward as it could have been, considering I sort of almost dated the groom in question), and then went to see the Tree of Life in Draper:


I didn't get a great video of it, but I loved the way some of the lights flashed like my favorite kind of fireworks.

Overall it was a very Christmas-y weekend and I enjoyed it thoroughly. We had planned to go to the Midway Ice Castles, but I guess that doesn't open until January, so that's up next!

-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment