Friday, July 15, 2016

June, Juno, Jetplanes, Jalepeno

June was a whirlwind! I thought I'd throw our recent shenanigans into one big post. It's crazy how life flies by!

Most importantly: El's brother got married! It was totally awesome. Jetplanes factor in here because we flew to XXXXX for the wedding! It was a pretty good trip, but we definitely got tired of traveling by the end of it. It's always exciting to be on a plane, though; takeoffs, landings, and turbulence are my favorite. (I'm aware that that's kind of messed up.) The wedding was beautiful, and especially poignant coming on the heels of our first anniversary. I'm so glad we could be there for their special day and explore El's childhood hometown in XXXXX.


El-ahrairah and I went camping with our ward, where I got a total of 23 mosquito bites—most of which were through my pants. Apparently, mosquitos in our new state are especially aggressive. Awesome. On the plus side, I created the best smore of my life. You can't tell, but the chocolate is perfectly melted and the marshmallow is perfectly golden brown. And that's the truth.


For one of our dates, El-ahrairah and I tried a Mexican restaurant everyone's raving about. It seemed authentic and stuff, and the horchata was delicious. (We love us some horchata!) El got something that came with a fried jalepeno. (And thus the name for this post was born!) We also watched the movie Juno through VidAngel. El had never seen it before, and we've been talking about pregnancy a lot (that's not an announcement), so it was interesting to see how pregnancy might affect a teen, what some parts of adoption are like, etc. Good movie.

This month was just filled with a lot of happiness. We're starting to get adjusted to our new place, made some friends, and still had the chance to visit our old home and families. So I'll conclude with this lovely picture I took on our trip; scenes like this make me feel so peaceful. It's a great representation of how peaceful and joyful this month has been. Whether this was just the beginning of good times to come or the calm before the storm, we're looking forward to more adventures!


-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment