Saturday, August 8, 2015

Car solutions!

We have had a lot of exciting car-related things happening lately! And it's the good kind of exciting, too.


First, we got our car registered! We had to replace some tires and lights :/ because we didn't pass the safety inspection the first time, but now we're legal! We've got a Utah license plate and everything, and we don't have to do it again for another year. And I'm definitely going to make sure we do it on time, because I know someone who put it off for a few months (she has a good excuse, she just had her first child and everything), and she recently got a ticket for it that could run from $1,000 to $2,000! :[ There are a lot of other things I would rather spend two thousand dollars on.

So yeah! That's great!

The other awesome this is that I'm learning stick shift! I haven't been driving our car at all because it has a manual transmission, and I haven't gotten around learning it until now. El's a great teacher and very patient. I'm not hating it nearly as much as I thought I would, either. It's like a video game (El-ahrairah calls it an art). It's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be ... although so far I've only driven around in circles in a parking lot, so it might be too early to tell.

-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment