Monday, September 21, 2015

Visit from Mom- and Dad-ahrairah! And sibs! And friends!

Last week we were honored to host El's parents and littlest sister in our home! They came to drop of El's younger brother and other younger sister at BYU for the school year. We also went and had a picnic at Bridal Veil falls!


On Thursday we went to the Food Truck Roundup! I was so excited -- this has been on my bucket list for a while. Basically, a bunch of food trucks offering various cuisines all gather at a certain spot in Provo every Thursday evening. I'm a fan of trying new and interesting foods, especially ones from other cultures, so I was all over this.

I thought there would be like 5-6 trucks there, but there were more like 10-15! We definitely spent way more time trying to choose which food to get than we did eating the food. I knew I didn't want any of the "American"-styled food, like the Mad Mac macaroni & cheese truck or the Mouse Trap grilled cheese truck or the Corn Dog Commander; I was torn between the European pitas and the tacos/tamales.

So. Many. Trucks. Kind of hard to see here, but yeah.
We ended up splitting a pork tamale and a couple beef (asada) tacos from Tacos Nayarit, with some Japanese sweet pork buns from Genki to finish it off. The tacos were my favorite -- highly recommended.
Not pictured: sweet pork buns. They were delicious! And yeah, everything was overpriced. We don't do this every week, you know. Great cultural experience, though!
On Saturday we met my good friend from high school and her boyfriend in a park in Orem. They came down to Utah to buy a puppy!
Puppy! He's a 10-week old Saint Bernard, currently nameless. As you can see below, he refused to look at me whenever I was trying to take a picture.



On Sunday we had El's BYU-siblings (my brother- and sister-in-law, I guess! and also my brother-in-law's girlfriend) over for dinner. El-ahrairah made Honey Sriracha Chicken, and I made some apple crisp.

Honey Sriracha Chicken! Spicy, sweet, amazing. The apple crisp I made took way too long. The recipe is here, if you want it, and it was delicious, but I'm going to look for something simpler next time.
Looking forward to more family dinners/visits in the future!

-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment