Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Date: Green Panda Cafe, x2

A few weeks ago we went to Green Panda Cafe for our date night. Here's El-ahrairah's description: "We split a beef noodle soup, wontons, and a mango lychee boba smoothie. For probably everyone reading this, boba are little tapioca balls they put in the bottom of your smoothie. Then they give you a really wide straw and you can chew them (or blow them at each other). I think they're fun, but [Owlet] thought they were weird."
I never seem to remember to take pictures of our awesome meals until we're already halfway through them. I kind of think that's the way life is supposed to be, anyway. I guess you can trust that these dishes are really delicious since we couldn't even spare a few moments before digging in!
Yeah, I did think they were weird, but hooray for cultural experience! We actually went there again for another date a week or two later.

Again, El's description: "We went on a lunch date to Green Panda and got yummy beef noodles; a combo plate with Mongolian chicken, two wontons, and a spring roll; and a coconut peach boba smoothie." Yep, that pretty much sums it up! Soooo good.

I really wanted to go back and get more of a taste for those boba things. I think it's definitely an acquired thing. I didn't hate them as much this time! I loved all the food we had at Green Panda. I really don't know what is my favorite except maybe the the potstickers (which El calls wontons [which I don't understand]) because they remind me of my childhood. But seriously everything we have had there has been so flavorful and hot and amazing and authentic, too. I think we'll be frequent eaters there this year!

-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment