Thursday, February 25, 2016

Favorite Quotes from Elder Owlet

Have you ever known someone to go on a mission and send back super deep thoughts in their emails that you wouldn't have expected? My little brother has always been a quiet kind of guy, so it's been really interesting to peek into his inner thoughts through his weekly emails during his mission in Bangkok, Thailand. Here are some of my favorite bits:

"Some say the only constant thing in life is change. This is most definitely true. A wonderful truth about this change that we will face in life is that we can always choose what kind of change will happen. We can decide how the changes that happen around and to us will change us."

"If we want to be better teachers, we need to teach, see what was good or bad, learn from it and go at it again."

"... he is always leading us, we just need to look a littler harder and we'll see it."

"We are the cutest, most awesome district ever!"

"There seems to be so much growth in the Lord's church at times that it reminds me of Helaman 3:25. 'So great was the prosperity of the church, and so many the blessings which were poured out upon the people, that even the high priests and the teachers were themselves astonished beyond measure.' I know the Lord can work miracles. No doubt about it."

"Most people only celebrate for New Years and not Christmas, but it was great spreading the Christmas cheer. I feel like everywhere we go, no matter the time or place, we can spread cheer because we have the message of great hope."

"Part of finding joy in the journey is creating your own."

"I have not much to say other than I love being a missionary, I love the Lord, I love Heavenly Father, I love you, and I love the Thai people."

-Owlet

No comments:

Post a Comment